Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Keep an Open Mind

A theme I would consider writing about in my play could possibly be the idea of keeping an open mind. I wrote about this topic in my earlier blog and I feel strongly about the topic. Considering I have a broad range of friends, I feel most of the time I have to keep an open mind. Being a part of a group that is very socially, politically, and emotionally different does make one realize the different sides of life.

Not only do my own friends enlighten me on this idea, but he people I encounter everyday. When given a scenario or situation, it’s really easy to go about it in one way, but when forced to look at it in a new way, which classes like science, sociology, and history have helped me do, it can change a perspective entirely. Overall, this theme is really important to me because I still encounter people everyday that refuse to approach situations at a new angle.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Oh hayley this just sounds fabulous. I'm really excited to see what your play has to offer.

Yours Truly,
Judith