Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Writing Territories

2) My writing style depends mostly on the mood I am in. If I am energized and in a good mood, I usually write satirically. If I am tired, or upset about something, my writing usually refelcts that. My favorite writing style is short stories, especially if the story I am telling is non-fictional. Outside of school I usually don't write much. Sometimes I'll write a note to my friend but other than that I'm really not too into it.


3) Every fall, a few of my friends, along with myself, venture down to Lake Calhoun to take a stroll and grab a cup o' joe. I usually spend alot of time there in the summer and fall, but this specific time is special becuase it's now an annual thing we do.
The temperature is always just right; the warm front hits the cold, it's never too cold or too hot. We always start the day off at my friend Casey's house to make some coffee. After we've had enough coffee we head off to the lake. Once we get to the lake we usually park somewhere in a neighborhood so we can make an adventure out of actually getting to the lake. Climbing trees along the way, hiking through hills covered in brush and trees, it's always fun.
After making it to the lake, we walk around and take some breaks to play on the various playgrounds and swings they have lined along the pathway. Our journey usually ends at the large playground that is located near the bandshell. We take some time off to swing, climb, and jump around on the playground. When it starts to hit dusk we usually journey back to our car and head home. It's sad to think that next year we may not be around Minnesota for the fall weather. But hopefully once Thanksgiving break hits we are all back to take a stroll at Calhoun, one last time.

No comments: